Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Face Your Fears... I Guess?

I started an online master's course at Buff State yesterday. Our first task was to post on an "Introduce Yourself" message board. The first person to do so claimed that they "Were currently undeclared, but trying hard to be accepted into the Educational Technology program." She ended the same paragraph with "I'm nervous about this class because I've never taken an online course before. I feel lost. I don't blog, or do facebook, or do twitter, so this is all new to me."

Trying to get into the Educational TECHNOLOGY program. Yet, is terrified by an online course and does not participate in any of the modern technological norms.

Maybe I'm cynical. I don't want to take away from someone actively trying to better themselves in an area where they're lacking- isn't that what college is all about anyway? However, you'd think you'd want to pursue a major that would get you into a career that somehow aligns itself with your interests...

No comments:

Post a Comment